- There are (11) ICDS Projects functioning in Medak District namely at 1). Patancheru 2). Sadasivpet 3). Zaheerabad 4) Jogipet 5).Narsapur 6). Narayankhed 7). Gajwel 8)Siddipet 9). Ramayampet 10). Dubbak 11).Medak.
- In these 11 ICDS Projects 2735 AWC’s, 391 Mini AWC’s and functioning at present. And under phase III expansion of ICDS Project 307 Main AWCs and 69 Mini AWCs are sanctioned and orders for grounding these Centres are awaited from the HOD. Further sanction of 83 Main AWCs and 8 Mini AWCs are proposed under IV Phase of ICDS expansion.
- Services :
1). Immunization 2).Pre-School 3). Referral Services 4). Health Check ups
5).Supplimentary Nutrition and 6).NHED.
- Beneficiaries coverage:
1). 0-6 Year Children. 2). Pregnant and Lactating Women
Supplementary Nutrition Programme
- Local food Model :
Local food model is being implemented in the following (9) ICDS Projects of the District:-
1) Narsapur 2) Gajwel 3) Ramayampet 4) Narayankhed 5) Jogipet 6) Siddipet 7) Dubbak 8.Patancheru 9) Sadasivpet.
Rice Pongal, and Broken Wheat Khichidi, is supplied every day and Sprouted/
boiled Channa is supplied 4 days a week and Boiled Egg is supplied twice a week.
Ready to Eat Food Model
- The Andhra Pradesh Food are supplying the following RTE food in the ICDS
Projects of Zaheerabad and Medak.
1) MTF (Model Therapeutic food)
2) Snack Food
4) Upma and Kichidi
- Children Homes :
There are 4 Children Homes functioning in the District at Sangareddy, Medak,
Narayankhed and Siddipet. The total strength of Children in these Children Homes is
240 the Girl Children from class I to X th are accommodated in these Homes. The
Inmates are Orphans, Semi Orphans and Economically backward Girl Children.
- III) Infrastructural facilities:
Out of 2735 AWC’s functioning in the District.
v 603 AWC’s are being run in Own Buildings.
v 623 AWC’s are functioning in Rent free Buildings.
v 1509 AWC’s are functioning in Rented Buildings.
v 288 Anganwadi Centre buildings are under construction which
were sanctioned under schemes of NABARD & BRGF.
v 7 Model Anganwadi Centre buildings are sanctioned by the Department &
IV). Girl Child Protection Scheme
To prevent gender discrimination by empowering and protecting the rights of girl children through direct investment from Government, the Scheme of New Girl
Child Protection Scheme is introduced w.e.f., 01/04/2005 onwards in Coordination
v Consequent to enrollment in the scheme, the Girl Child should continue her education upto 12th class and can receive yearly scholarships from class 9th onwards and will be eligible for the final payment after completion of 20 years.
Benefits of the Scheme:
- In case of a single girl child she is entitled to receive Rs.1,00,000/- after completion of 20 years of age.
- In case of two girl children, both of them are entitled to receive 30,000/- each after completion of 20 years of age.
- Both the Single Girl Child and Two girl Children are entitled to receive Rs 1200/- Per Annum as Scholarship from IX class to XII class (including ITI Course) during their period of study.
- The nominee of the Insured Parent member while he/she is the insured member under Janasree Bheema Yojana is entitled to be paid the following.
– On natural death of insured – Rs.30,000/-
– On death or total permanent
disability due to accident – Rs.75,000/-
– On partial permanent disability
due to accident – Rs.37,500/-
v There is relaxation of age and formal education for Orphan, Destitute and Disabled Girls.
- Kishora Shakthi Yojana Scheme
Adolescent Girls between the age group of 11- 18 years are being imparted with different trainings at Mahila Pranganam, Sangareddy to make them self efficient in different trades.
No of Girls Trained so far : 552
- Implementation of Domestic Violence Act -2005
- To Protect Women from the Clutches of Domestic Violence, the Domestic Violence Act -2005 is being successfully implemented in the District. Till date 225 Cases have been received and 98 cases were compromised by counselling and 127 Cases were filed with Domestic Incidence Reports. Interim Orders are issued in 20 Cases and Final Orders are issued in 40 Cases and 67 Cases are Pending at different Courts.
- Rehabilitation to Victims of Atrocities
The Victims of Atrocities are being provided with immediate Medical Aid, Counseling and shelter in Swadhar Homes wherever needed. Monetary relief is given by the Department after the receipt of the required proofs & certificates such as FSL report, FIR and Medical certificates etc.,
During the year 2009-10, the following financial assistance was released to the victims of the Atrocities in the Medak District.