Roads & Buildings Department
Administrative & Executive pattern
The total road network in (R&B) Dept in Medak District is 2588.32 Kms spread in 10 Assembly segments. There are two divisions one each at Sangareddy and Siddipet with the following jurisdictions.
Length of road in Kms
The Assembly constituency wise road network is as detailed below.
This department maintains a road length of 2588.32 Kms in this District under various schemes along with construction of different assigned building projects.
1) Usually the road maintenance work will be carried out with state funds under
annual maintenance for filling of pot holes, proper maintenance of berms, removal of jungle grownup in the berms, repairs/ reconstructions of Culverts, painting of culverts / Km & HM stones etc. To attend these items of work a grant of Rs. 477.57 Lakhs [( R&B) Division Sangareddy = Rs. 229.96 Lakhs + (R&B) Division Siddipet = Rs. 247.61 Lakhs ] is allocated for the financial year 2010-11.
2) Under non plan, the roads will be improved under “Special repairs programme”. In this programme usually re-carpeting of the existing Blocktop surface, reconstruction of Culverts etc., will be taken up.
3) Under NABARD assisted programme, the non-BT roads will be improved to BT along reconstruction of Culverts / Bridges.
4) Under HUDCO / CRF Schemes, the highly traffic roads will be widened /
5) Certain roads for a length of 454.85 Kms are identified as “CORENET” roads
These roads are now being improved and widened with World Bank assistance in phase manner.
Important Projects completed in 2009-10
1) Integrated Collectorate Complex: The complex with an estimated cost of Rs. 2370.00 Lakhs is completed with a plinth area of 2,08,000sft to suit accommodation to 28 offices / Departments.
2) Alladurg – Metalkunta road: The road of length 48.40 Kms is improved todouble lane with a cost of Rs. 3650.00 Lakhs under Inter State Connectivity Scheme.
3) Elakathurthy – Siddipet road: The road of length 8.97 Kms. is improved to double lane and strengthened with a cost of Rs. 509.28 Lakhs under Economic Importance Scheme.
4) The road length of 48.70 Kms are either converted to double lane or strengthened under Central road fund with a cost of Rs. 2550.00 Lakhs.