PANCHAYATH RAJ SYSTEM MEDAK DISTRICT
After 73rd amendment to Constitution of India, Three Tier Panchayath Raj system has been functioning in this district as per APPR Act, 1994.
1. Gram Panchayath – Headed by Sarpanch
2. Mandal Praja Parishad – Headed by President
3. Zilla Praja Parishad – Headed by Chairperson
1st Ordinary elections to Panchayath Raj Bodies were held in the month of March’1995 and 2nd Ordinary elections were held in the month of July’2001. Very recently 3rd Ordinary elections to MPTCs and ZPTCs were held on 28.06.2006 and 02.07.2006 in two phases. The elections to Gram Panchayats are scheduled to be held in three phases i.e. on 29.07.2006, 02.08.2006 and 06.08.2006.
With a view to stream line and strengthen the Panchayath Raj Administration, Panchayath Secretariat was constituted to be headed by the Sarpanch and to be organized by the Panchayath Secretary. Revenue and Pancahayth system were amalgamated and the VAOs, VDOs and such other employees are now functioning as Panchayath Secretaries.
POWERS AND FUNCTIONS
CHAIRPERSON : The Chairperson, Zilla Parishad was assigned the
Status of a Minister of State – He/She being the
head of the Zilla Praja Parishad – shall convene and
preside over all meetings of the Zilla Praja Parishad
and such of the Standing Committees of which.
He/She is the Chairperson and review the
subjects relating to all the developmental
departments and He/ She shall pass orders on
important files relating to issue of transfers of staff.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER: The Chief Executive Officer will be appointed by
the Government and he is the Chief Executive
authority of the Zilla Praja Parishad – he shall be
responsible for implementation of the resolutions
of Zilla Praja Parishads and Standing Committees .He
shall supervise and conduct the execution of all
activities of Zilla Praja Parishad.
DY.CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER: He shall supervise the day to day functions of the
Zilla Praja Parishad and operate the General Funds of
Zilla Parishad and also perform such other
functions as delegated by the Chief Executive
ACCOUNTS OFFICER : He shall be over all charge of the Accounts and
finance of Zilla Praja Parishad, his main function is to
act as a financial adviser and as an internal auditor
he shall be the vigilance officer of PR
Department for the District.
DY.EDUCATIONAL OFFICER: He is an officer borne of the cadre of Education
Department and works under the control of Zilla
Praja Parishad to assist the Zilla Praja Parishad in
the work of management of secondary schools. He shall
visit schools for surprise visit and inspection and is
responsible for drawl of salaries to the teaching
and non teaching staff working in Zilla Parishad
BRGF (Backward Region Grant Fund)
It is centrally Sponsored scheme. The aim of the scheme is to correct imbalance in development in the region and cover the critical gaps. This fund can be linked up other Sect oral Funds. The Gram Panchayat prepare the plan and submit the Mandal Praja Parishad with the resolution of Gram Panchayat. The Mandal Praja Parishad should prepare the plan and submit to Zilla Praja Parishad for approval of District Planning Committee which is headed by the Chairman Zilla Praja Parishad. The 5 municipalities also submit their plans to Zilla Praja Parishad for approval of District Planning Committee
The Government have given guidelines for preparation of plans under BRGF for the financial year 2007-08 and the entire 11th five year plan period i.e from2007-08 to 2011-12
The Backward Region Grant Fund is meant fot
1) Capacity building of Panchayatrajs/ULBs to enable them to prepare plans for economic development and social justice
2) To meet the critical gaps in the infrastructure like construction of Gram Panchayat Building, Anganwadi Buildings, Health Sub Centers Roads, Side Drains 7 Drinking water etc.,
The district level the funds under BRGF shall be apportioned among PRIs and ULBs based on the proportionate population of Rural and Urban areas. The apportionment among various tiers of PRIs shall be done at the rate of 50:30:20 for Gram Panchayat, Mandal Praja Parishads, Zilla Praja Parishad respectively.
As per the guidelines issued from the Government, the following works taken up under BRGF for the year 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11 plans approved from the District Planning Committee and High Power Committee of State Government.
The Details of BRGF Physical and Financial year wise progress report as shown
FINANCIAL ASPECTS OF THE ZILLA PRAJA PARISHAD MEDAK DISTRICT.
The following receipts are available to Zilla Praja Parishad
1. Assigneed Revenues
2, Grant in aid from Government
1. GENERAL REVENBE (Assigned revenues)
1. Surcharge on Stamp Duty
2. Rent on Tools and Plants, Buildings,Guest Houses, Meeting Hall & Quarters
3. Sale of tools and plants
4. Fees, Fines and Forfeitures
5. Petty Supervision Charges
6.1% Tools and Plants from work bills
7. Seignorage lapses
8. Lapsed deposits
9. Rupees four per capits grant.
2. GRANT – IN – AID
1. Grant on aid for payment of tax/contingencies
2. Grant in aid for payment of Honorarium and TA to Non _ Officials
GENERAL REVENUE UTILISATION:
The purpose for which the general revenue is utilized is outlined in G.O.Ms No.446 (PR&RD Prog III) Dept, ddated: 29.10.1998, which is detailed below.
- 35% for up gradation, maintenance and Restoration of existing assets including minor irrigation sources.
- 36% i.e. provision of Earmarked funds @ 15% for SCs,6% for STs and 15% for W&CW activities benefiting the concerned communities.
- 9% provision for drinking water in emergencies.
- 16% for office management, office equipment, Establishment expenditure erc.
- 4% for unforeseen expenditure i.e. activities of public welfare, contribution of sports, festival cultural programmes, payment of court fees etc.,